At Steelfab, we pride ourselves in building a team of people who are not only great at what they do but also passionate members of our diverse team. Now, we are looking for a brand new team member to fill an exciting new role. Could it be you?
Steelfab is looking for the perfect person to fill the new role as a full-time estimator. Read on to find out more about our company, the new role and why you should apply.
Who are we?
Steel Fabrication Services Pty Ltd is well-known and respected engineering business in Sydney, which works to offer customers complete, comprehensive and cost-effective steel fabrication services. Our customer base is wide, including many clients from commercial, residential, industrial and retail sectors, and cover everything from fabrication and steel drafting and detailing to surface treatment, delivery and full installation. For us, there is no job too big and no job too small. In recent months Steelfab was featured in the Australian National Construction Review, for our completion of a number of small, yet impressive projects for St Augustine’s College. You can check it out here.
Currently, we have a great full-time position available for an experienced and enthusiastic estimator. Ideally, you will have previous experience as a boilermaker, or similar proven experience, as well as a positive attitude, passion for the industry and team-focused mindset.
This role requires you to:
- Take tender enquiries estimated works up to $10 m including but not limited to mechanical, structural and fabrication
- Prioritise requests to quote submission in conjunction with the owner
- Complete full take-off including steel/fabrication/installation
Required skills and experience
- Ability to read and interpret engineering drawings
- Demonstrated experience in preparing submissions for tenders/quotes
- A minimum 3 years experience in a estimation role including mechanical, structural and fabrication, piping/plate work and installation.
- Working knowledge of contracts
- Clear understanding of procurement principals and sub-contractor engagement
- Experience in scheduling multi-discipline resources
- Suitable candidate must have an adaptable approach and willingness to help others in other areas of the business including project management
What can we offer you?
- Opportunity to lead and make key decisions
- Be part of a successful and growing organisation
- Rewarded with a competitive salary and great workplace benefits
- Work with a team who are just as passionate as you
Contact us and apply for this
We can’t wait to hear from you!